True High-Speed Internet for the Rural Community

Search for your address:

Comments

User Avatar

6:13PM March 18, 2021

Lonny Thompson
Why do my neighbors have fiber optic? I sent a message through this site. Have not heard from anyone!

7:37AM March 19, 2021

Kaylee Bennett
Hello Lonny-- After looking at your account, it appears we called you on 12/14/2020 letting know your area was open for pre-drop. We are still in your area, if you would like to give us a call at (812) 358-4458 we can get you set up for an appointment.

10:43AM November 22, 2020

James Horner
I am in the Leesville zone. I called in the summer and was told told that you will be in my area in January and that's when we can schedule a Pre drop survey. That means after the pre drop is done 12 weeks later we will have service in March by my calculations. I can wait that long but I have been seeing contractors hanging line and putting in new poles. I even had them come in my yard and bury something around the pole that's connected to my house is it possible they are ahead of schedule? Also anyone who reads this avoid Hughes Net!!!

10:21AM February 12, 2021

Kim Humphries
Yes, james, hughesnet is terrible. Exede/ Viasat much better, at least the business version. Fiber would be better of course! We were told we would be spring of 2021 ....I am up 446 near the Lawrence County Line. .......nothing up here yet.

4:08PM August 13, 2020

Erle Foster
We live on South Boatman Rd ,Scottsburg and it looks like they are stringing cable on the poles. When do you think it will be available. Erle Foster 2573 S. Boatman Rd

1:15PM August 18, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Erle-- If you call in and give your service location, we will be able to give you a more accurate estimate on when we will be in your area.

3:52AM April 08, 2020

Shawn Russell
How do we change our fiber package? I have the lowest one and I'd like to upgrade to the next package?

1:14PM August 18, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Shawn-- To change your fiber package, all you have to do is call in and talk to one of our CSR's. They will be happy to make this change for you!

9:43PM April 06, 2020

Nathan Prewitt
Are there any plans for IPV6 addressing.

1:14PM August 18, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
If you would like, you can call in and your question will be directed to one of our engineers. (812) 358-4458.

7:40PM February 29, 2020

Linda Montgomery
Where might I find the application necessary for the pre-drop process?

7:29AM March 02, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
You can find the application linked below. https://www.jacksonremc.com/broadband-info-and-applications

4:38PM February 29, 2020

DAVID RUTHMANSDORFER
How much extra range does the 804 Mesh extender provide. I am trying to get a signal to my pole barn which is about 50 ft from the house.

7:52AM March 02, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
We don't have a specific number. It can be determined if it will reach at your installation appointment. Or if you already have service, you can call in and we can send someone out to look at it for you.

1:19PM February 11, 2020

Francis Wilkerson
I am not sure if this is on your web site and I just haven't found it, or it is not here. I think you should have some pictures / dimensions / descriptions / examples of what the hook up to the house looks like....eg a junction box mounted to outside of house , and what goes on the inside ( basically pictures of the hardware and dimensions ). I will have my pre drop interview soon, and I hope the guy has examples of the hardware to look at. This would help in determining how to mount or space needed to put on a shelf, etc. Pete Wilkerson

4:11PM January 24, 2020

Verda Barrett
I have a question! when we get our service what will the email address be? like ----Jacksonconnect.com or ---- Jacksonconnect.net ? was just wondering!

7:31AM March 02, 2020

Kaylee Bennett
We do not provide an email address. There are many options out there for email, so we find it unnecessary to provide one. However, we do suggest a Google gmail account to our members.

11:11AM December 29, 2019

Fred Gilstrap
Just wondering when the service we be up for hook-up in my area. Fred gilstrap

2:08PM December 27, 2019

Angela Martin
There has been no progress from 55% for New Frankfort since the last time I checked. When they were placing the lines which are done on Crothersville Road they said it would be active in about a month. That was 3 months ago and going on 4. When can we expect to be connected and what is such the big delay????

5:18PM December 20, 2019

John Andrew
I live in the Hayden area (about 4 miles from Hayden). My only option for the internet is satellite which is very expensive, slow downloads, extremely slow uploads, limited to a monthly amount of data used, and only capable of running one device at a time without losing connection. I also recently installed security cameras that are very slow to stream live with satellite. My 2 year term with my provider ends Dec 29. I have been informed they have a 2nd satellite that offers 100 Mbps download vs the current 25 Mbps that I can get, but it costs about $60 more per month and requires a new 2 year contract. Before I make a decision on this new service and getting locked into a 2 year agreement, is there any chance REMC will have service to me prior to Dec 2021? Praying you will respond with yes.