True High-Speed Internet for the Rural Community

Search for your address:

Comments

User Avatar

3:13PM November 04, 2019

Marc Johnson
I am trying to determine if we are in the CB 1 or CB 2 pre-drop zone for Spurgeons Corner?

4:23PM November 04, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Marc-- It appears you are just West of CB1 so your section is not yet in service. Once your area becomes active you will receive a phone call or email.

7:14PM October 30, 2019

Dane Henderson
Hello - On the “Zones” page, under the section “Zones Working towards service”, can it be expected that the Zones will receive Internet service in the order they are listed? Thanks!

1:13PM October 11, 2019

Eric Reynolds
Is there any work to my house that can be done to make it fiber ready?

10:02AM October 16, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Eric-- If you have any underground wires such as fencing, make sure you mention that to our pre-drop technician!

11:49AM October 08, 2019

Gary Coombs
Can anyone tell me the timeline for the Mt Tabor area. We are near the intersection of S Organ Springs and Grandview.

3:59PM October 07, 2019

Danielle Hollenbeck
I am trying to decipher if we are in the pre-drop zone for Spurgeons Corner?

10:01AM October 16, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Danielle-- After looking into your location you are just south of our current open subzone of Spurgeon's Corner. You will be contacted once your area is ready for pre-drop!

5:36PM October 04, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
I live in the New Frankfort area, and looking at your zones, we should be getting pretty close to mainline construction starting ( crossed fingers ). Considering that fall is here and winter will soon follow...will there be a delay until spring on any new zones starting up? Or do you work through the winter months too? Im looking forward to seeing lines put in on N Shea Rd. Im praying that we will have high speed internet service here by next spring.

11:26PM September 23, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
When will mainline construction start in the North Frankfort zone? I live off N Shea Rd and would like to eventually have high speed internet service.

3:13PM September 11, 2019

BRENDA HUNT
Just saw your guys string the line in front of my house. New Frankfort area. Does that mean I will be able to sign up soon?

1:19PM October 18, 2019

barbara roth
Hi Brenda, I am not a Jackson Connect rep but you can sign up anytime. The more people in the area that sign up now shows them the interest they have in the area and they work towards that area first is how I understand it. I have signed up and I put it on facebook to get others in the area to sign up. Thanks

12:50PM September 09, 2019

Jeremy Waskom
I’m ready for fiber internet service. I’m done with the satellite jazz. I know the process is going to take time, but it can’t get to my house quick enough. lol I’m at the corner of 700 North and 1250 East Redding township. Just for my information could you give a rough estimate on when service would be coming to that area? Thank you

3:29PM August 27, 2019

Ronald Shively
I'm on the line between between blue/yellow. Is it possible for my location to be reevaluated for installation?

3:15PM August 30, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Ronald-- I can confirm that you are in the Leesville Zone.

3:58PM August 13, 2019

Larry Burdine
Can you provide an estimated time line for when service will be available in the Pekin area?

4:40PM August 09, 2019

Verda Barrett
checking to see when the plans are to connect people on Shea Rd in Scott County? I am so excited to be able to get this! I have been on Dial up, satellite , and citizens broadband, we are now on ETC and it is by far the best we have ever had but we are paying almost 80.00 a month and that is limited! to have unlimited will be a blessing to us all! thank you! Verda Barrett

7:47PM September 01, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
Checked in to see the progress on New Frankfort and WOW we were only at 16% (interest) last week and now at 39%. Yay!!!! I also cant wait for high speed internet Verda :) We are both going to be overly excited when we can get online and not have to wait for online website pages to load and get to watch videos without all the buffering.

10:48AM August 08, 2019

Kathy Norris
I see no info on Modem rental...Will there be a rental on Modem?

3:13PM August 30, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Kathy-- There are NO equipment fees.

8:52AM August 01, 2019

Shawn Russell
Does it really take 10 to 12 weeks for construction?

3:13PM August 30, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Yes, from pre-drop to installation the process takes about 8-12 weeks.

3:12PM July 31, 2019

Kathy Norris
Will there be a modem rental or will we have to purchase a modem? If a modem rental will that be added with the bill?

9:30AM July 23, 2019

Amy Craig
How long after the fiber optic cable is buried in your yard does it typically take to finish and for internet service to begin?

3:12PM August 30, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Amy-- From beginning to end it typically takes 8-12 weeks to complete the process.

10:19AM June 13, 2019

Jamie Bennett
Any update on when Kossuth area will be finished?

9:00AM May 20, 2019

Cyndi Hunt
Wondering when the Persimmon Lakes area will be up and running?

4:46PM May 14, 2019

Todd Schwenk
I sure wish you would start on Spurgeons Corner SOON. I home office and the service I have is killing me. Is there any updates at all that connect can give people?? What do people think that have been hooked up to this system?? Is there anything that can be done to get the word out and get this moving? I have emailed and offered and there is no response from anyone. I have even signed up as a Zone Champion and have had no one communicate with me.

12:39PM August 13, 2019

Pam Green
I'm in this zone too! It seems lines were dropped the past couple of months but no further updates. Status of the zone is still the same.

8:45AM July 19, 2019

Lori Lucas
Very anxiously waiting for Spurgeons Corner hookup also.

10:47AM May 11, 2019

Phil Hardin
Will services still be available even if you are in an area that hasn’t shown much demand? It sucks to be penalized just because folks around you may have other services or are not interested. I understand your full attention goes where there is more demand, that just makes logical sense. But some of us have been waiting and turned down by all the major internet suppliers and are in need of a company that considers all angles of situation. REMC is just about the last hope for some of us to receive high speed internet. It’s super hard looking out my living room window and seeing that high speed cable on the lines less than 500 feet from me and knowing that we probably won’t receive the offered services because our neighbors either have another provider or just aren’t interest in the service. it looks as if this was too good to be true, yet again. Our area is New Frankfort -Jack Morgan Road In Austin. I’m tired of giving Verizon money for deplorable service! Thank you for your time.

6:53PM August 23, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
I have no choice but to use dish as my internet service...I also live in the New Frankfort zone. I use my hot spot on my cell phone most of the time since it is faster than dish, even when I run out of data usage. It is depressing how long it is taking for Jackson connect to get us up and running on high speed internet. Im actually considering selling my home and property and moving to an area that offers high speed internet. Im just not confident that high speed internet will be available here for a very long time. I guess my patience is running thin.

4:13PM July 29, 2019

Michael Reed
Please expedite New Frankfort... Spectrum is the next road over but Sunnyside Rd has nothing....(except HughesNet which equals pretty much, nothing....)

8:17AM June 21, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Our service will be available to ALL members who wish to be connected. The % goal is for our information, it does not mean you have to reach a certain goal before we come to your zone.

6:24AM April 16, 2019

Jonathon Wagner
We are without internet, I cant even fill out the grant for remc. We used to have Hughes net which was expensive slow and limited downloads. Hopefully they will get to lower Leesville soon, cant wait!

11:36AM April 15, 2019

Edward Jones
Fed up with the current service available in the Reddington area. I know you don't show enough interest yet, but the main line runs in front of our home and has been up for some time. I would suggest that you begin hooking up customers in this area and I think you will gain more as you go. If we have to go to another source (satellite) we will most likely be locked in for a couple of years.

11:10AM March 22, 2019

Jessica Bierly
We really need it in the Pekin (Blue River Church Road) area!! There are no other options for us at all!

5:40PM October 04, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
Same here in the New Frankfort area on N and S Shea rd. I have to use my cellphone hot spot for internet service. DishTV/HughesNet is the only other option ( which is absolutely worthless).

10:39AM April 08, 2019

Dakota Roll
We feel your pain Jessica! Our area has went way to long with absolutely no service provider!

11:35PM March 17, 2019

Mercedes Tobias
I cannot wait to have fiber! I need it so bad! It it hard to do homework and tests online, and today we had another incident with satellite. The only reason we have the satellite is so my husband can watch the races, they took the network off the air, and it was hard jumping through hoops to get the race to play online with such slow speeds!

3:29PM March 15, 2019

Edward Mitchell
Is there a Data limit for the internet service

12:49PM March 19, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Edward-- Our service comes with NO data caps, and NO contracts on any of our packages!

7:15AM February 24, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
Do you plan on eventually bringing internet to the Blocher Indiana area? I live off N Shea road, the only internet service in our area is Hughes net and they stink.

7:00PM August 23, 2019

Laurie Tinsley
Hi Kaylee, I just noticed your reply. I actually have Jackson county REMC as my electric service provider and I noticed that the New Frankfort zone includes my location. Im looking forward to finally having high speed internet, any idea on how long we will have to wait?

5:18PM March 11, 2019

Verda Barrett
Laurie I also live on Shea Rd. I have Jackson REMC if they ever make it this way maybe you will be able to get it at that time!

9:31AM March 07, 2019

Kaylee Bennett
Hi Laurie-- Our first priority is to provide our services to Jackson County REMC Members. At this time it is not definite, but we are considering building outside our territory once all members that want to be served are served.

9:45AM January 30, 2019

Drake Cadwallader
Are there any updates for Little York West?

3:46PM January 21, 2019

Kaylee Bennett Campaign Owner
This message board is for our members to discuss their experiences with our service, thoughts, and opinions with other members.