How to Start Streaming
1:26PM October 29, 2019
The number of people giving up their cable television is continuously growing. In 2018, a total of 33 Million consumers had switched to streaming and cut the cord. For Jackson County REMC members, you could be included in this number over the course of the next 3 years.
Once you are connected to our High-speed Fiber-Optic Internet, you have several choices when it comes to making the switch. One of the biggest questions we get is, “What products do I need to start streaming?”
· Step 1: Is to buy a device that will let you watch streaming services on your TV. If you have a smart television already, then you will not need an external device. (If you do not have a smart TV, we recommend getting a Roku or an Amazon Firestick.)
· Step 2: You will have to decide which streaming service(s) are right for you. (A current list of services and which channels are available to each is on our website at https://www.jacksonremc.com/streaming-comparison)
· Step 3: To replace your current TV service, you will subscribe to one or more of the online streaming services of your choosing. These can include on-demand video services such as Netflix or Hulu, or a bundle of live TV channels that can be found using YouTube TV or AT&T TV Now.
· Step 4: You can now download your streaming app(s) that you have chosen to your TV. (Help is available during your installation appointment if needed.)
· Step 5: Sign-in and START STREAMING
If you are used to watching cable television, there may be a learning curve when it comes to streaming, but we are here to help! Any questions that you have about your devices can be asked during your installation appointment. There is a lot of research and choosing that needs to be done to switch to streaming, but with our High-Speed Internet and the right package for you, you can see a large amount of savings.